The Value of Membership – here’s just a snapshot of what you get for just $30.00/month
As a member of the Ohio Association of Health Underwriters, your professional organization, you are demonstrating that you support and are involved in the development of your career and the future of the industry. This stems from your involvement in the local organization, your representation by the State Organization – The Ohio Association of Health Underwriters – and our National Organization – National Association of Health Underwriters – representing over 20,000 agents like yourself across the country. The benefits of membership are many, but are second to the pride and knowledge that you will exude by being a member of this highly recognized organization. Learn more
Watch a brief video
The most challenging aspect of our profession is keeping up with changes in our legislation, products and services that we offer to our clients. A firm understanding of pending legislation and newly enacted laws is vital to insurance agents. Your membership will keep you on top of all recent developments through:
- Monthly meetings, product fairs and special events in your local chapters offering up to date product information, industry trends and continuing education credits;
- Network with other industry professionals on the OAHU Facebook and LinkedIN pages;
- Leading Producers Round Table (LPRT)Weekly e-mail updates on healthcare activities across the country and national health care updates as they happen;
- Health Insurance Underwriter magazine is provided monthly;
- Learn More
As a member of the Health Underwriters, you have a voice with legislators at the state and national level.
- Representation at the Ohio Statehouse and in Washington D.C. with lobbyists to educate and present our viewpoint;
- Access to Lawmakers involved in health care legislation at the state and national levels – participate in grass roots efforts to influence health care legislation;
- NAHU staff members are representing us in their actions with the federal committees and the White House;
- Participate in Capitol Conference in Washington D.C. and meet with your federal representatives or attend NAHU’s annual convention and exhibition.
Education, whether required or for advancement, is typically the primary reason for joining and participating in a professional organization. OAHU offers the highest quality of educational opportunities to members at no or a reduced cost:
- Continuing education credits are offered with the monthly meetings, allowing members to meet their ODI CEU’s and Ethics requirement;
- Educational designation opportunities are available, including RHU, CSFS, CEBS and REBC. Many of these designation opportunities are provided through the American College;
- Education to represent the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) is available through NAHU
With membership in the Association, you have access to the National, State and Local Websites:
- White papers and policy papers affecting our industry
- Language on compliance issues such as
- Pay to Play
- 1094 and 1095
- Other ACA Compliance issues
- NAHU Compliance Corner
NEW SALES OPPORTUNITY – WORKERS COMPENSATION GROUP RATING PROGRAM
OAHU has partnered with CareWorksComp to offer you a valuable member benefit. This is offered exclusively to Association Members. Your clients and potential clients could save up to 85% on their workers compensation premiums while you make 31.25% commission.
The program is simple – Just have your clients complete an AC-3 form so that CareWorksComp may provide them with a no-cost no-obligation quote to their potential workers compensation savings, send the form to CareWorksComp and they will do the rest!!!!
Your membership will bring you discounts through the Best Benefits Club on amusement park tickets, hotels, cars, cellphone services, special events and much more.
OAHU has negotiated special pricing with Hondros College exclusively for OAHU members for online and classroom life and health licensing courses, and for on-line continuing education courses. View more information
Additionally, through NAHU just a few of the many discounts available include:
- Marsh Errors & Omissions
- HR 360 (no cost for new members; discount for current members)
- Officemax, UPS and Fed Ex
- H.S.A. Toolkit
- NEOCertified Secure Email
For more membership information, please visit www.nahu.org